Monday, August 22, 2011

I'll Take A Weekend

So this past weekend I was blessed with three days off in a row. Now what did I do with three days off?
Well... I cooked and spent some hard-earned bonus money. (Don't worry, I saved most of it.) My babe and I also spent more time than usual in the East Village. Working in the WV, I'd have to say that I like its counterpart so much better.

Let's start with money. I picked up a navy schoolboy blazer from J. Crew. I have been coveting it for over a year now and finally decided to treat myself. That with my penny loafers will be my fall look.  I think I'll pair it with my Phillies cap.
The second on my list of things to gift myself was some good old beauty product. Of course, the two brands I wanted to make purchases from, Aesop and RMS Beauty, proved difficult to find. The first place I went for Aesop seemed like a safe bet: their new kiosk in Grand Central. Turns out they choose the weekends to be closed. Now, since I refuse to go to Barney's, I figured I would have to wait for Monday. So the cutecucumber and I kept walking when I spotted New London Pharmacy. I had passed by before and checked out their site so decided to stop in. Coincidently enough, they carry Aesop (though apparently not for long) and I was able to purchase the Tea Tree Exfoliant. I also majorly splurged on some RMS Beauty at Live, Live & Organic. This was after trekking to Chelsea Market to find that One Lucky Duck only sells Rose Marie's stuff on their site. Not so bad though; baby and I got some People's Pops while we were there. I got the Roasted Plum and he got Apricot Jasmine. Yummy.
I purchased the Luminizer, Un-Concealor #11, Smile Lip2Cheek, and Bloom Lip Shine
I LOVE LOVE LOVE (note the cute pouch my friend N. gave me)
To me, the best part of the weekend was the two trips we took to Liquiteria. If you have not gone I recommend the Berry Powerful, but he would recommend the Bulldozer.  It's the difference between cake and sorbet. The Berry Powerful tastes good for you and light-ish. The Bulldozer is like a jar of PB blended with soy milk. Tasty? Yes. Light? Definitely not.

And now food.
Friday night I made Seitan Soft Tacos. I sauteed some onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms with seitan. Season with chili powders and red pepper. Super tasty.
Saturday morning came some Tofu Scramble, tortilla or naked. Mushrooms, carrots, spinach, tofu, the norm. That night I made a pizza with Whole Foods Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Topped with spinach, tomato sauce, avocado, and tempeh bacon, it was completely delightful. The avocado gave it a creaminess and a cool feeling.
Sunday morning we had left-over scramble and smoothies for lunch. I did make a yummy thrown together pasta and salad. I picked up a HUGE yellow squash that afternoon at the market by my apt and knew I wanted to use it for dinner. After lightly softening it in a pan I added garlic, spinach, and tomato sauce. I had a handful of Daiya Cheddar left and threw it in to make it seem creamier. Once done it was tossed with brown rice spaghetti. 
The salad was cucumber, a little spinach, tomato, avocado, and a balsamic dressing. Good, not great. However, sometimes that's what happens when you work off the cuff like I. 

Now just a side note. WTF Jay Z, I thought you said 'Fuck Autotune'. Apparently, you forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment