Monday, August 15, 2011

New Jersey, Home of the ______

This past weekend the cutest man on Earth and I went to my parents for some R & R and an engagement party. A visit to Princeton (JCT) always seems like a wonderful idea; being there seems indulgent and I wish it happened more often.
My parents took us to Peasant Grill, a ridiculously delish place (although the prices are none that a real peasant could actually afford). They have tons of veggie options, which is weird considering Hopewell looks like a town trapped in 50's Americana.
We had the Cornmeal Crusted Tofu Sandwich and the Spinach Salad with Portobello Mushrooms. Their salad dressing tastes how ensconcing oneself in silk and fluffy clouds must feel.


Going to the engagement party was interesting. I had never been to one before and this was in my high school hometown. As predicted, the girls, including myself, were totally overdressed. Alas, it's NJ and any chance to wear a dress we will gladly take.

It's like how my mom explained her first experience of moving from NY to NJ.  A friend of hers was hosting at her house in NJ wearing overalls.  The friend exclaimed, "I can go out like this!" To which my mom thought, "Is that a good thing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment