Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What Do You Eat?

I have found the question, "So like what do you eat?" to be commonly asked. It is something thrown into conversation anytime someone finds out my eating habits. I also think it is one of the most MORONIC questions out there. Really. I mean who everyday is eating meat for breakfast? Is cereal vegetarian? Why do you even care? I find it frustrating.

It reminds me of a talk I had with my lovely friend Sarah about tattoos. How people think they are an open invitation to ask you all sorts of questions, "Why..What does it mean?" etc.
You know what it means? It means I wanted it. Why are you wearing the fugly shirt? Do I feel the right to ask you that? Or why do you have bad teeth?
I probably sound a little miffed. Maybe I am.
This post is a response to that asinine question. Here is what I have been eating as of the last few weeks. After a month it'll change because of boredom.

1. Breakfast- Avocado & Vegan C/C on Ezekiel Sesame Toast
It's absolutely yummy. I think everyone should eat a whole avocado every day if possible. They are great for the skin, and they taste amazing on their own with just smoky chipotle shaken on top.


2. Lunch- Some Kinda Salad or Quinoa

This day it was spinach, lentils, shredded carrots, beets, walnuts, and TJ's Goddess Dressing.
If I do quinoa I make a large batch at the beginning of the week and then divide it up into different containers so I just have to top it in the morning. I then add a little olive oil, vinegar, and pepper.

I find that TJ's has some great precooked things, that you can add to your spinach or quinoa and really make it super easy to prep in the morning.

3.Dinner-While the actual dinner I had that night was Passion Fruit Martinis and apple slices, this take on 'ziti'(?) is what we ate yesterday.


It's gluten-free penne mixed with tofu riccota (brick tofu blended with italian spices), then tossed with vegan mozz, and baked. I am a super fan of tomato sauce so even though there was a whole jar used I topped mine with some additional.



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment