Sunday, April 11, 2010

And I Had A Brunch




Yes the above is a picture of my Easter Tree. I am determined to keep the tree going till December. It helps add to the ambiance of the apartment, especially when having people over. Inspired by my decorating skills two weeks ago I had some people over for some lazy Sunday eats (and to preview the tree). It was my first attempt cooking a full meal for ten people. My mom always tells me brunch is the hardest meal to prepare. I have to agree with her. In spite of it being difficult it was a success and the results were full bellies and warm hearts. Sounds kind of like the Friday Night Lights mantra, doesn't it?

Here is the menu:
•Spinach with Red Onion, Baby Grapes, Avocado, and Tofu Feta with Balsamic Vinagrette
•Tofu Scramble with Portobello Mushrooms, Spinach, and Kidney Beans
•Tempeh Bacon
•Spicy Roasted Potatoes
•JalapeƱo Skillet Cornbread
•Sangria and Mimosas


Some yummy Tempeh Bacon...



My hope is that this brunch turns into a monthly party. Sitting at a table with amazing folks and peace loving food is something I can't wait to do again. I believe the next party will involve It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and vegan cheesesteaks. Any other Philly foods we can think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment