Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easy Peasy

Tonight I got to my special man friend's apartment at 7:30, so I decided that dinner should be something easy, quick, and less then 5 steps. The latter was in case I decided I didn't want to cook, but was still willing to make someone else do all the work. Plus LOST was on, so...

I had this cute bag of organic maitake mushrooms from the health food store. I picked them up because they are packed with vitamins C, B2, potassium, and polysaccharide compounds that help
fight cancer. The bag also had a cute cartoon mushroom on it. The brand is Hokto-Kinoko.

His roommate (and my friend/part of veg team 2010) has found this great line called Tasty Bite. They specialize in Indian and Thai food, making amazing veggie friendly simmer sauces. We chose to go with the Satay Partay because supposedly the Pad Thai was extremely spicy.

It turned out fairly well. I blanched some broccoli and gently sauteed it with some tofu and the cute maitake shrooms. Overall the sauce is great because it's gluten-free, cheap to buy, and insanely low in calorie and sodium content. I am going to try to track down their Rogan Josh sauce (described as a mix of tomatoes, fennel, ginger, and chilies).

I wish LOST were on every night. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment